School of Renewable Natural Resources
Louisiana State University
Little Rock, Arkansas
BS 2012 Environmental Science, University of Central Arkansas
· Hydrology of wetlands and watersheds
· Hydraulic modeling of large rivers and wetlands
· Hydrological interactions in large rivers and wetlands
· Ecosystem interactions in large rivers and wetlands
· Diversity and productivity within floodplain ecosystems
Topic: Floodplain hydrology of the southern portion of the White River
Significance: Hydrologic changes within the watershed have impacted the floodplain ecosystem. Water levels in the floodplain are a key part in species composition and ecosystem production.
· How accurate is the HEC-RAS model in predicting water depths in the floodplain?
· How could different hydrologic scenarios on the floodplain impact vegetation composition?