Annual Christmas Tree Sale
- WHEN: Monday, December 1st - Until the 60 trees are sold
- TIME: ~ 2 pm to 8 pm each day
- WHAT: Leyland Cypress and Carolina Sapphire (bluish tinge; nice strong smell). All are locally grown, freshly cut and high quality
- PRICE: $7 per foot (a 6 ft tall tree is $42)
- SIZES: 5 to 8 feet (but could range from 4 to 9 feet)
- WHERE: behind the LSU Renewable Natural Resources Building (Highland Road at Nicholson Ext)
- WHO: Society of American Foresters Student Chapter at LSU
-- Quick News --
- On Tuesday, 30 September 2014, the faculty and staff had a "Happy Retirement/Going Away" get-together for Dr. Al Afton. The datails are now on our News page.
- Researchers Study Extent of Feral Hog Damage in Louisiana: You Can Help With Survey. More information and a link to download the survey is on our Extension page. Deadline is 31 December 2014.
- Follow Dr. Stouffer on sabbatical as a Fulbright Scholar in Tanzania: via his Flickr Feed
- 3rd Quarter 2014 Timber Tales is now available. The details and a link to the newsletter are available on our Extensions page.
- Arborist Workshops 2014: The 2014 schedule for Arborist Workshops and other learning opportunities has been updated, and registrations are open. For more information, see our Workshops page.
- As part of the LPB series "Alive in America's Delta", see our own Yu-Hsin Hsueh (Ph.D student of Dr. Chambers and Dr. Keim) as she talks about her own encounter with alligators while doing research in the swamp. This segment gives witness first-hand to how this keystone species – and cultural icon – was brought back to viability using a combination of biological science and marketplace economics. The full program can now be accessed on LPB online.
- The Spring 2014 issue of Research Matters is now available for download. Catch-up on the research highlights in forestry, wildlife, fisheries, and wetlands involving our RNR Faculty and talented Graduate Students. Also, see what is going on in our undergraduate classes with the "service-learning" aspect of our programs. The Spring 2014 issue download (pdf), is available on our Research Matters/Newsletter page.
- The Student Chapter of Society of American Foresters (SAF) has a new way to keep you informed, share their news and events, and keep in touch: They now have a Facebook page. LIKE their page, and keep up with all the latest! Support your local (student) Foresters!
This is our office!
What does yours look like?
Check out our new video that shows why the School of Renewable Natural Resources is the place to be!