Congratulations to Our Graduates!!
Spring Class of 2013
For additional images of the RNR Spring 2013 Graduation and Graduation Reception, see our Photo Gallery page.
This is our office!
What does yours look like?
Check out our new video that shows why the School of Renewable Natural Resources is the place to be!
Students Awarded LDWF Grants
Congratulations to RNR Graduate Students Ivan Prock and Zhen Xu!
Two of Dr. Yi-jun Xu’s graduate students, Ivan Prock and Zhen Xu, have each been awarded a Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries "Environmental Education Commission" grant. Ivan’s grant is to study sediment availability in Southeastern Louisiana and Zhen will be examining the relationships between dissolved oxygen and chlorophyll in University Lake. The Louisiana Environmental Education Commission’s mission is to promote environmental education at all academic levels with the result of producing a literate citizenry who can make informed natural resource-related decisions. Congratulations!
4th Louisiana Natural Resources Symposium Accepting Registrations
The Louisiana State University School of Renewable Natural Resources will host the 4th Louisiana Natural Resources Symposium on August 1-2, 2013 at the Lod Cook Conference Center on the LSU Campus.
The theme of 2013 symposium will be impacts of human and natural disasters on forested and wetland ecosystems and wildlife. The symposium is the premiere natural resources outreach event of the LSU School of Renewable Natural Resources. The 2013 symposium will feature presentations from leading international experts covering contemporary issues related to controlled burns and wildfires, hurricanes, and forest management impacts on wildlife populations and species diversity.
Speakers will also address the impacts of Hurricane Isaac on Louisiana wildlife, fires on natural ecosystems, the role of fire in longleaf pine regeneration, the relationship between hurricanes and fires in coastal forests, socio-economic risk of wildfire damage, and other topics.
The target audience includes land managers, foresters, land owners, academicians, and those interested in this important issue. A comprehensive and professional color proceedings will be available to all registrants.
Please visit www.rnr.lsu.edu/lnrs for more information and to register.
-- Quick News --
- Two upcoming workshops are highlighted on our Extension Workshops page. On May 23, the Longleaf Pine Field Day is scheduled for Natchitoches. In July, a workshop that will help natural resource landowners with the ecotourism/agribusiness side of land use. Details, and registration information for both events are available for download.
- Arborist Workshops 2013: The new additions to the early 2013 schedule are posted and registrations are open. For more information, see our Workshops page.
- The 1st Quarter 2013 Timber Tales Newsletter is now avaialble. See our Extension page for more information, and a link to the newsletter.
- Now available for download: Fall 2012 Alumini News Brief. A pdf is available here.
- Attention, Forestry Majors: SAF has released a new "Guide to Forestry and Natural Resources Programs" that is designed to help those interested in a forestry career learn about SAF-accredited forestry programs and assist them in choosing the right one. Get the link to the guide on our Student News page.
- The Fall 2012 RNR Newsletter is now available for download.
- The Summer 2012 edition of Research Matters is available for download on our Newsletters page. This issue higlights ongoing research efforts in Foresty, Wildlife, Fisheries, and Forest Products, as well as profiles of several of our Faculty and graduate students and their research interests.
Looking for Jobs, Internships, Graduate Assistantships?
Recently, the School of Renewable Natural Resources created a Google Group to make job, graduate assistantship, and internship opportunities available. The board will list a diversity of positions available in government, industry, and non-profit agencies of interest to you. Be sure to note the closing date for applications, if one is provided.
Check back often for updates. The link to the group is located under "Current Students > Job Announcements". Or, check the QUICK LINKS section on the right sidebar (in green) for "Jobs, Graduate Assistantships, Internships".